What are bunkering Safety Devices ?
Bunkering Safety devices are :-
- Pressure gauge in the menifold:-This pressure gauge should be checked during bunkering to ensure that line pressure should not exceed the maximum working pressure.
- Sampling point in bunker manifold:- It is used for continuous sampling of bunker being received.
- Relief valve in bunker line :- It is used to ensure oil to flow in overflow tank in case ,line pressure exceeds the st value.
- High level alarm of bunker tank :-It gives an audio visual alarm in case tank is almost full to prevent overflow of tank.
Safety Precautions during Bunkering
- Saw dust and other absorbent should be kept near bunker manifold.
- Fire Extinguisher and other fire fighting apparatus should be readily available.
- Bunker line should be properly set and all unnecessary valve should be properly closed and sealed.All scrubber should be closed.
- Proper means of communication should be established between ship and bunkering installation.
- During bunkering ,sounding of bunker tank to be checked at regular interval.