31. When m/e is running in emergency condition which of the alarms can’t be bypassed
A. LO low pressure
B. Jacket water high temp
C. Piston cooling water high temp
D. All the above
32. Viscosity of fuel oil used for ME was 145cst, new fuel comes whose viscosity was more than earlier, what u should do
A. Increase temp setting
B. Change setting of viscotherm
C. Do nothing
D. Open steam valve manually more
33. In order for microbiological growths to thrive in a fuel tank it is necessary for
A. high temperatures to exist
B. low temperatures to exist
C. small amounts of water to be present
D. large amounts of water to be present
34. Types of corrosion in fresh water of D/E
B. hot corrosion
D. selective phase corrosion
35. To avoid the engine running too long on critical speed during startup it is necessary to
A. Start at speeds above critical speed.
B. Start at speeds just below critical speed and quickly move across the critical speed.
C. Start at maximum speed and quickly bring down to just above critical speed.
D. Eliminate totally the hazards of critical speed by ignoring it.
36. When A/E stand by F.O.heater to be used for main engine
A. Sudden opening F.O. inlet valve pressurized and damage the heater
B. F.O. in vapor lock inside heater allow steam
C. F.O. inlet valve causes pressure drop M/E F.O. pressure standby water is not pressurized may cause sudden change in engine /per load/rpm
D. heater leaking.
37. Where boiler point temp high?
C. Primary steam drum
D. Secondary steam drum
38. In the latest concept of Variable Geometry Turbocharging, _______angle can be varied to match the turbocharger at varying engine loads
A. Compressor vane
B. Turbine blade
C. Nozzle ring blade
D. Diffuser ring blade
39. What is the purpose of the inlet grid provided within the exhaust gas casing in the gas flow path, prior entry to turbocharger?
A. To filter out any unburned carbon
B. To absorb and dampen the pressure fluctuation
C. To reduce noise in the constant pressure exhaust piping
D. To prevent any broken piston rings finding their way to turbine
40. What does the NLGI number of a grease indicate?
A. The oxidation resistance of the grease
B. The consistency of the grease i.e how fluid or non-fluid
C. Demulsibility of the grease
D. The shelf life of the grease